Sunday, March 7, 2010

In the Beginning

The day after my son was born, my dad came to visit us at the hospital. My dad can be very serious at times, but he usually has a pretty goofy personality. Either he couldn’t remember what name we had chosen or he was showing off his goofy personality, but that was the day that the nickname Mr. C became official.

Although, I’m thinking maybe he couldn’t remember as this is not entirely unusual for him either. Growing up my sisters and I have frequently been referred to by all sorts of names including each others! This was also a problem at times with boyfriends coming over. I remember one time when I had been dating someone for over a year and he referred to him by my ex-boyfriend's name. Ahh! But, I still love him just the same :)

Mr. C wasn’t always an easy child and it was obvious right from the start that eating was his priority and sleeping was not. The first night home I suddenly realized, “Wow, babies are a lot of work!” Mr. C continued to have frequent night waking until he was about 8 months old. We knew that part of his problem was reflux, but that didn’t explain why he just never seemed to nap longer than 20-30 minutes. At that time a friend recommended a book that saved our lives. Healthy Habits Happy Child by Marc Weisbluth M.D.

I know a lot of parents are reluctant to do the cry it out method and I completely understand, but we did find the check and soothe method to work out well and achieved the same effect. He learned how to fall asleep on his own and slept through the night. The first night was a dream. I think my body was in shock from all the REM.

Well, the following blog is the story and daily adventures of my son Mr. C also known as Mr. Stinker pants, Mr. Smarty pants and Funny guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment