Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pertussis??

Little A has gotten his first illness, which has been miserable for the both of us. Not only has he been fussy, but I've had to change my shirt at least three times from him throwing up on me after coughing. We took him to the doctor and ended up getting him tested for Pertussis, which I am a little freaked out about.

For some reason it seems like most babies at risk always seem to be right around 2 months of age, which he currently is right now. Although I was hesitant to put him on antibiotics because I know frequent use can cause resistance and other problems, I finally decided the benefits outweigh the risks.

Sure enough it must have been something bacterial because he started feeling better later that day after the first dose. The day after we went to the doctor the nurse that helped us called to tell me the test results wouldn't be ready until 3-4 days and to start the antibiotic anyways.

I happened to be in the back bedroom and didn't hear my phone ring. Mr C answered and asked her if she wanted to come over to play. Then when she asked to talk to me he told her no and hung up. When she called back a minute later he said, "Why do you keep ringing me?!? Stop Calling!" and then hung up on her.

I was practically in hysterics when she called back an hour later and told me this. The funny part was that right after she had called my husband called and he brought the phone to me this time. Except he didn't know who it was and before handing me the phone he kept saying, "What your name?" He must not have heard him say it was daddy cause he kept asking it over and over getting louder and louder sounding really irritated.

Here I am saying, "Give me the phone please." when finally he said, "Oh, it's daddy." and handed it over. Looks like we'll have to keep our phones out of reach from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment