Monday, April 5, 2010

"Look Mom, airplanes!"

Well, the other day I came out of my bedroom from changing my clothes and Mr. C had gotten into the pantry (forgot to put the child proof lock in place) and was throwing dry mashed potatoes all over the floor. As I walked into the room he was picking up what he had thrown onto the floor and was throwing it into the air like snow.

While it did give me a mess to clean up, it was actually a pretty hilarious sight to see. What I am curious to know about is how he happened to pick that particular box of all that were available and what made him decide to dump it on the floor.

Children can be very entertaining at times. Sometimes you have to get over the inconvenience and just laugh at the situation. I had a friend tell me once that her son had gotten into her maxi pads with wings one time and stuck them to the wall all over the room. When she entered the room he said, “Look Mom, airplanes!”

Another friend said that they named their daughter after the last name of a family that had shown them what it meant to be great parents. When their children had gotten into some crayons that they used to make a colorful drawing on the wall, instead of lecturing and yelling, they took a picture frame and nailed to the wall around the drawing. That child may be an artist today and might not have otherwise had his/her spirit been dampened due to some simple marks on the wall.
I have recently been learning that appreciating children for who they are no matter what they are doing is the ultimate battle and success of becoming a good mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment