Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Taekwondo

We decided to sign Mr C up for a Taekwondo class and I have to say I am pretty pleased so far. It really helps teach him how to pay attention and focus on his body and how to move his body purposefully the way he wants. He also absolutely just loves all of the physical movement.

Our biggest distraction is the mirror at the front of the class, which he is constantly looking at himself and making funny faces. However, I think it is really good for him to learn how to tune out distractions and focus on the task at hand.

The first week they sat down and went over the rules of the class and then worked with the kids on learning their full names, parent names, address and phone number. I was almost mortified when Mr C was asked where he lives and he responded with, "In a barn." "We don't even live on a farm or near a barn!" I said. I had to laugh anyways. He has the best sense of humor, which I'm pretty sure he has learned from his father.

This week they were learning the meaning of 'Che Dee Yut' which means 'Attention' We had to practice with them saying it and then asking them what it means. We kept telling him it means 'Attention Mam,' but he when asked he just kept smiling and saying 'Attention boy!' the little stinkerpants. We'll have to keep working on that one at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment