Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July!

Well, this year was probably one of the best fourth of July's we have had. I think because Mr C is getting big enough to really appreciate the fun. We spent the day at our local country club swimming in the pool, eating great food and jumping on the fun children's blowup toys.

This year Mr C had a friend to hang out with, which was great for us. We didn't feel as pressured with Little A to play with him every minute we were there. Although he enjoyed our front row seats for the fireworks, his sensory issues related to hearing seemed to really bother him. We had to get ear plugs for him to wear and he still covered his ears with his hands.

Recently, I have been doing a photo contest for kids on my website and I really had to smile when the most recent submission was a picture of a boy with his hands covering his ears at the fireworks. Just like Mr C.

Little A was another story. He fussed a bit at first and I attempted to cover his ears with my hands, but by the middle of the show he was sprawled out in my lap with his hands behind his head watching the fireworks in a very relaxed manner. Surprisingly too, since he had woken up from his nap around 3:15 and hadn't fallen back asleep yet at 10 p.m that night. Too much action going on! I did try, but how do you compete with all the fun things to look at.

Anyways, Hope everyone had a great fourth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment